LA-JING FOR SHRINKING MUSCLES, TENDONS AND URINARY PROBLEMS
MARCH 18, 2019 @ 7.50PM
As we hit our 40’s, we become less active, don’t use our muscles as much or move the tendons that hold those muscles to our bones. The result is that they contract or shrink.
These causes neck pain, waist or back pain, leg pain or spasms, difficulty bending or kneeling, short and long feet, swollen or numb or sore hand, foot, elbow and knee.
It affects your balance as well as your grip; it shortens your reach and makes everyday activities such as walking or even taking care of bathroom needs much more difficult.
Chinese exercise for stretching shrinking tendons
La-Jing is a Chinese exercise of stretching shrunken tendons. This method is suitable for anyone – young or old; male or female, easy to practice with quick results and is low cost.
Dato’ Ir Dr Gue See Sew (pix), chief executive officer of G&P Professionals Group said that prior to practicing La-Jing, he had urinary problems and had to visit the lavatory once every one-and-a-half hours which affected his sleep – causing frequent headaches in addition to interrupting his work schedule. That is when a friend recommended La-Jing to him.
“I started out with the lying down method, initially stretching for a minute then progressed to two and gradually increased to 10 minutes for each side, every day. After a week, I didn’t have to go to the lavatory for at least three hours. At night, I didn’t have to go to the toilet either. This helps me get a good night sleep. It has also rid my headaches.
1. Place two steady flat chairs near a wall or by the door.
2. Sit by the wall or the door-side at edge of the chair. Move your butt as close to the wall or door-side as possible.
3. Lay down face up. Raise your right foot straight up against the wall or door support. Bend your left foot with your knee touching the floor. Stretch both arms while still keeping them on the chair. Do this for at least 10 minutes. During this time, try cycling with your left foot which helps loosen hip joints.
4. Move the chairs to the opposite side and repeat the previous exercise switching right to left and left to right.
La-Jing standing up
1. Find a door threshold. Raise both arms up on each side of door support, trying to extend both arms out as much as possible.
2. Place one foot to the front – bending, while the one behind is straight. Your body should be parallel to the door with your head straight – eyes looking ahead.
3. Stay at this position for three minutes. Then change positions to the other leg.
The culture of colourism: The obsession with lighter skin tones driving opportunities in the skin lighteners market
Arson, animal cruelty and lack of remorse - traits of personality disorders to look out for in a person
Astrazeneca signs MoA with InvestKL to improve access to healthcare, explore digital transformation in the management of diseases
Roche launch Perjeta - Herceptin combination, a post surgery treatment for early breast cancer (eBC)
Keytruda with chemotherapy to be the first line of treatment for patients with advanced lung cancer
33% below 15 exposed to sexual intercourse, at higher risk of developing cervical cancer says oncologist
Breast cancer survivor emphasizes on monthly self-examination, says no alternative therapy, magic pill for cure